Wednesday, 1 April 2015

AS2 - Task Three - Requirements for a production:

I will be making up a plan production about the headphones I am advertising and I will have to make sure I carry out a research about the actors, filming location, props, technical equipment, costumes, scales and the budget and times I need to make this advert successful. I will be explaining in details a good place to carrying out the shoot for my advertisement and the equipment we need to use to make this advert successful. Furthermore, I will be talking about the costumes I believe I could wear that makes me look presentable when doing this advert. Also, I will talk about the pros that is needed for this advert and how long the advert the advert could last for because we do not want the advert to be too long because it will make our audience become bored and not interested in the product we are advertising. Furthermore, I will have to research some information for things that will be useful for my advertisement for example I will need to research where I could purchase it from and how much it will cost me. Additionally, I will need to carry out a research on where I could get the best price for my product. 
The technical equipment
For me to successfully get the best advertisement for my headphone I will need a decent camera or camcorder that will enable me to film my advert and give me the best quality as possible. There are different ways this can be done but first I believe to rent a camera out from a website which I will be leasing them from a affordable price per day till I am done with filming my advert. Therefore I researched for good, quality camera for leasing on this website: http://www.hireacamera.com 


This Sony HDR- AS100VR flash action cam would be good for us to use for our filming because its cost is affordable as it is £29.17 per day for rent and we could split this between us three in our group when filming for three days, therefore the cost wouldn’t be hard to afford. Also, this is a very good, quality camcorder and it small therefore it will be easy for us to move around with it and it seems simple to use this camera. Additionally, the deposit price is £80 and this means it not expensive for us to lease this camera. On the other hand, we need to purchase a boom pole because the sound quality for this camcorder may not be as good as it is a small camcorder and this may cost us additional price to purchase. 







The website will lease out cameras, camcorder and tripod for rent and I will have to pay on that day because imagine I decided to lease out ‘SONY HRC-MC50E’ for example I could purchase this for affordable price which is- £50.00per day ex VAT. This is a excellent idea because we will be filming for around 2-3days which suggest that the cost can be separated and divided between our production group and we can film our advertisement with any limitation of not able to afford it. I wouldn't need to lease out a Boom Pole because this camcorder comes with a quality sound system. I might need to spend 24hour filming the shots to enable us to ensure that we got enough of filming to make a successful advertisement, filming all day will also mean that get more shots in filming and in case we need any more filming, changes of plan and making sure we not have to hire out the camcorder again to grab shots we missed out in the process of recording. After a filming seminar I will have to make sure that I have a copy of the shots that will be saved on a computer or on a USB as a backup just in case the camera breaks down when film or after filming. although the deposit may for leasing this product will be £300 that could be split between the three of us therefore we would have to pay £100 each and even though it may cost us a lot but this is good because it means that we will get the best quality sound and filming for our advert. In conclusion all the cam recorder shown are all HD therefore it means that the quality of our advert will be really good as it is going to be high definition  


Film location
The next requirement I must research and take into consideration if the filming location. Firstly I believe that we could film in Robert clack lower school classroom but we will need to make sure we get permission from the head teacher and classroom teacher to make sure we are allowed to film in the room and make sure the room wouldn’t be used when we need to film.  Also we could film in a public area such as like Dagenham Library in Dagenham Heathway. For us to be able to film in a public place is to get permission, therefore I will conduct a email to London Borough of Barking and Dagenham to ‘Dagenham.library@Ibbd.gov.uk’ asking them if we can get the permission to be able to film at Dagenham Library. Due to this email being an opened email to the public they may end up taking a long time to reply and meaning that I will end up finding a better place to film. I could go find a public area such as a Park, because it a public place for civilians to go and we wouldn’t need to book in anything or email anyone to be able to film there. However the limitation for filming there is that there may be other people who could have an effect on our filming or the weather could be very poor which will mean that we will have to find another location to film. I believe filming in a house is a suitable place to do our advert such as my house because it means that we wouldn’t have any specific permission and wouldn’t have to pay any extra charges to film there and the householder could film as long as they want because the live there. However, for me to film at home, I will need permission from my Mum or any careers or contact someone that will allow us to film in their house.  The place we would prefer to film is to be a walking area because it means we don’t have to pay any extra charges such as going on the trains. 






















Time Scale and Budget.
The budget and time scale would be taken into consideration when it comes to when we produce my advert. After carrying out a research on how long it takes to edit and film headphones adverts, I decided to give myself a time scale of two months to edit and film my advert. 2 months will require me to edit and film a good piece of advertisement for my production. The will need to make sure that my I spend for my product and for this advert is good. And I will save a lot of money because I will be using my own belongings and most likely to use my house which means that we will have more money to save, therefore the only money we will need to spend is for hiring out the camera and maybe the boom pole which will not cost a lot. However we will need to budget about £600 in case we have to pay for any extra props or for things that may be contrary to our plan. Each person will need to save up at least £200 each because it means that they could all put the money together and us it for the filming production. 
proms and costumes 
I have researched on some costumes and props that I may need for my advert to make my advert more productive and successful. The prop I will need is a SMS headphone because that is our main focus, therefore I have carried out research on how much it will cost us to purchase it and it can be purchased for £89.95 on amazon.com, this is not expensive to afford. Furthermore, I have friends and family who already own this headphones and is willing to lend me it for the day of our advert production, which means that we are saving a lot of money. Furthermore, I researched on 99p store for script book and pen bundle and it cost £1.99, this can be easily purchased and having a book and pen will mean that we can right up a plan for our scene and how it will be structured.

My main goal is not to spend money on costumes and props  because I will be using my own belongings, but there will be a budget of £110 to make sure that if anything happens to them, then we can afford to buy new props and costumes without having to worry about the cost. This is basically a plan B, just in case plan A doesn’t go to plan. Also, the money will be helpful as I can purchase the costumes from my own belonging. I have to ensure that I know what shop to go to if I cannot get the right outfits, I need to ensure that the people in my advert are wearing formal clothes, which is a pair of trouser and a t-shirts from Primark.com. This is not expensive at all because we could purchase a shirt for £2.99 and a pair of trouser for £4.99.
http://www.primark.com/en/whats-new















Actresses and Actors
For my advert to be successful, I will need to find people who act in the advert, taking the role of an actress or actor. I will need to research different categories of people for example, their gender whether they female or male, their race and ethnic background, their religion because some people religion might not agree with our advertisement. Therefore I will need to be able to find at least 8 actors to play different roles for me however they must be ages 13-27 as it meets the target audience for this product. Additionally, most people who did my target research are similar to this age. The reason why I want my actor and actresses to be the same age as the target audience is because the actors and actresses will have the same mentality and characteristic as my target audience. I will want 4 males and 4 females because I want my advert be fair and not make the audience feel like our advert is biased, therefore I want the gender to be equal. Furthermore, the genders who said they use headphones on my survey monkey was fair as it was 50% male and 50% female, so therefore I have to make my actors and actresses 50/50 .  The main purpose of this advert is to use famous face to manipulate the audience to feel like they’re like the famous face, therefore both actors and actresses have to portray themselves as a famous as this will be useful in drawing audience into investing on our product.  The actors and actresses will need to be enthusiastic, ambiguous when it comes to them playing their role because will have an effect on the audience and make the audience feel the same way when they watch this advert and make them want to purchase this advert really quickly.    


Furthermore, I could message or email some friends and family to participate in our advert. In conclusion, could research on a well-known famous face to feature in our advert because this will have a positive effect on our advert as it will make our advert be more successful and allow people to buy our product, although it may cost us a lot to bring in a famous face in our advert but however this will be very effective because people will get the motivation and have the passion in getting this product. For example ‘one direction’ if they feature in our advert this will be really effective because they are most of our target audience’s role models and they will lead a lot of people to purchase our product. On the other hand, if we go and get someone that is not as known, this may not have a positive impact on our target audience because people may not know who the famous face is and people would not be motivated to get this product as they don’t know who the famous face is and not wanting to get the product he/she has.







1 comment:

  1. Emmauel you have a real mix of fonts and highlighting in this post. Please copy the text into Word - make sure it is all the same and then paste it back in again. At the moment this post looks very untidy.

    ReplyDelete