It is very important to research before you start
planning a new advertising campaign because it is helpful to a great extent
because you are trying to find out who uses the product. Additionally, planning
allows you to collect as much information as possible which will mean that your
advertisement will be successful when it comes to selling the specific product.
Furthermore , there are so many ways when it comes to conducting this research because
some research are important because it has never been done which means that
everything is safe and viewers will be comfortable when it comes to the advertisement.
Primary research
Primary research is any type of research that you go out and
collect yourself. For example surveys, interviews, observation and ethnographic
research. Also it is when researching an organisation conducts itself to find
out the answer to specific questions. For example, when carrying out
questionnaires, surveys and etc. The advantage of primary research is being
able to explore the secondary research already performed by other researchers. Also,
carrying out their own research allows the media organisation to address issues
specific to their own situation
One advantages of primary research is greater control- not
only does primary research enable the marketer to focus on specific issues, it
enable the marketer to have a higher level of control over how the information
is collected. This means a researcher can focus on his product only, which
means that they can analyse it better. Primary research means you can focus on
specific issues, it also gives the
researcher a high level of control over how the information is collected. This means
a media company can focus on their product only will have a better information
on which to base their analysis. There are some limitation for primary research
because I felt like it was only focuses on one side of the people that’s responding
to some questions I asked. During my interview the people I asked mostly said
stuff like I wanted to hear not their general opinion. The process was time
consuming when creating the questionnaire and interview, also checking availability
of the interviews and I did not get enough information that I wanted. And when
I was conducting the interview the people that I asked were not really honest
in their response and the environment they were in influenced their response as
they were not taking it seriously their friends were around them when conducting their interviews.
secondary research
secondary research
Secondary research is uses outside information assembled by
media sources. It is a form of research where the information already exists
and can be used as a form of second hand research. It is usually published in
pamphlets, newsletters, magazines, and newspaper. Media firms can get
information from the government or trade publications .
There are advantages and disadvantages to secondary
research. Some of the advantage of secondary research are that it is easy to do
because of the already existing data. Most of the pre-existing sources are very
accurate therefore it makes your research easier. However there is also some
disadvantages of this type of research and they are a major disadvantage which
is when you don’t know who did the research and how honest and accurate it is. Secondary
research can be biased and inaccuracies cannot be checked
Quantative Data collection
Quantative Data collection
Quantative data collection is number crunching and
questionnaires are usually used in this. The advantage of it is that you can
have a relatively large sample, a large quantity of data. It is relatively easy
to administer. However the disadvantage of it is that it is hard to design a
questionnaire that finds out exactly what you want and closed questions cannot
be altered.
The objective of quantitative research is to develop and employ
measurable facts and information instead of the opinions because it is based on
actual data. The quantitative research can help to determine how many people
are likely to buy a new product idea, which group of individuals will react
best to which type of advert, which incentive such as free gift will appeal to
which target market.
The disadvantage of a quantitative research is that you
cannot ask questions. You often get a yes or no when the true answer might be
somewhere in the middle.
An disadvantage of qualitative research is that qualitative
research does not ensure accuracy in the way quantitative research requires. Opinion
and bias are far more like to distort your result. For example, when I asked a
question in a small group of people. This does not represent the views of the
entire population so it is difficult to analyse what the majority of an audience
feels about a particular situation
The four audience research are descriptive research, analytical
research, predictive research and tracking researching. Descriptive research describes your audience
and their characteristics. For example, who are your current audiences, where
do they live, how old are they?. The Analytical research seeks to understand
how and why. For example, why did they buy every Ryan Gosling DVD but not the
last one?. The predictive research considers what is situation. For example,
what will happen if we change the names of our company?. And, tracking
research, long term research that monitors changes taking place overtime, for
example how has the pattern for subscription season ticket sales changed over
the past three years.
The stage of audience research
·
The basic principle in the lifecycle
-the target audience are that you need to be
able to know who your audience are and learn to understand your audience. You need
to make sure you have prepared. For example,
someone who need to develop skills to quit smoking will likely need information
about the effect of smoking on their health. In order to reach your audience
most effectively, you need to know who they are, what exactly they need and
what would help them pay attention and understand your message. I need to be
able to plan my research, for example if I was going to give a speech to people
about football I need to make sure I plan
what I am going to say about football so it wouldn’t turn into a shamble. Furthermore
I need to make sure I do some research, so it will allow the audience to know
that I know what I am talking about, also it will make me look professional. Additionally,
I need to make sure I analyse what I researched on, making sure that what I
researched is reliable and effective for my audience. And I need to use
evidence in my advert and have something to back me up in my own advert.
reference- blog 6 Methods of Research by Mr P. willamson
Date: 3rd/ september/ 2013
reference- blog 6 Methods of Research by Mr P. willamson
Date: 3rd/ september/ 2013
You have included a number of quotations from Mr Williamson's powerpoint where you have written phrases like "When I interviewed..." or "...the people I asked.." When you use the class notes you must read them carefully and make sure when you write them up the make sense in your post. You did not carry out interviews so you can't include this example. These notes were to demonstrate what you could have found to be positive and negative. Take more care when write up your notes.
ReplyDelete